Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Proverbs 6

So..I have definetly gotten a tad behind. But it is what is...lifes not always condusive to a deadline. Behind or not, were going keep moving forward. Heres 6... :)


In a word:

lamp

In a picture:

                             "...there commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light..."
What I highlighted:

Proverbs 6:20-23
"My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life..."

What I journaled:

I don't follow the news very regularly. Sometimes it's probably a good thing, but I probably should try to be a little more aware of what's going on in the world around me...if for no other reason than to know how to pray. However, it doesn't take my tv constantly tuned into Fox News to know that things are changing. The world is being positioned for the coming of the last days. I know that I know that I will see a drastic change in our culture over the next few years. The atmosphere is changing. Persecution is coming. We don't need to fear this change, in fact we should rejoice, even ask for it. It all means one thing, Jesus is coming, and he's coming soon. I don't pretend to know the time frame of His return, but I want to live like its in my lifetime. If its not in mine, I feel pretty confident it will be in my children's. I write all this to say, God's really been convicting me about the amount of scripture that I have hidden in my heart. I've been saved for a long time, so I can reference a lot of scripture but I can't just rattle off chapters of God's word much less remember references. God's very practically been reminding me that there will be a day when I might not enjoy the privilege of accessing my burgundy, leather New King James, or my biblegateway app on my IPad. How important will it be in the last days to cling to the words of God...To dwell on the promises of His coming, His provision,and our salvation. There will be a day where were going to have to depend on the scripture we've committed to memory. There will be dark days in the future, but God emphasis over and over in scripture how His word is a light, a lamp to our feet. The word will need our light. How bright is the lamp in your heart? I know this isn't super insightful but I just felt like I needed to remind myself as well as others to be hiding the word of God in our hearts...because the hour is near.

My challenge:

to commit to the memorization of the word of God.

My prayer:

That God would help me to memorize. I struggle with retaining information sometimes...in one ear and out the other. But..I can do all thing through Christ. It's obvious this is important to His heart so I do not doubt he will equip me with some memorization skills. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is very refreshing sister. There is great freedom in writing, keep at it.

    ReplyDelete