Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Proverbs 5





In a picture:



In a word:

trust

What I hilighted:

Proverbs 5:1-6
" 1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
   turn your ear to my words of insight,
2 that you may maintain discretion
   and your lips may preserve knowledge.
3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
   and her speech is smoother than oil;
4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
   sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death;
   her steps lead straight to the grave.
6 She gives no thought to the way of life;
   her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it."

Proverbs 5:21
" For your ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all your paths."

What I journaled:

We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Sometimes the sins are more obvious, or blatant than others (stealing, lust, gossip, etc.) We must keep in mind that sin is anything that keeps us from growing in relationship with Jesus. So I'm going to skip over discussing the more "obvious" sins, and instead talk about the seducing sin of the comfort zone. We've all been in this zone. We've all bought into the lie of it's safety and comfort. We've thought if we stayed there we could avoid the hurt, rejection, failure, etc that lurked outside the zone. Unfortunately just like any other sin, you may be able to avoid the consequences for awhile, thinking it will worth it. In the end you we will always pay a price. For those who spend their life in their in the sin of the comfort zone, they usually wake up one day realizing they never fulfilled God's purpose. I think that Proverbs five is not just literally a warning against the provocative woman and adultry, but is also a warning against the seductiveness of sin in general. If we give an ear to sin it will try to seduce us into a lifestyle of bondage. Throughout my life I can think of several "comfort zones" that I tried to camp out in. But out of my God's loving kindness he has pulled me out several times. Sometimes I came more willingly than others. Everythime I have chosen to TRUST him and step out past my expectations of myself...God has overwhelmed me with a new level of himself and I have felt such growth in Him. The key really is trust, because in relying solely on the safety of your comfort zone your putting no trust in God. He has a unique adventure and purpose for your life all for His glory, and until were willing to trust him with everything, we will gain nothing.

Galatians 5:24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

My challenge:

To trust God fully with all my insecurities and comfort zones so I can grow in the fullness of everything He has for me.

My prayer:

That He would expose all areas that I have not surrendered.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite yet. Very anointed and beautifully expressed (not to mention exactly what I needed to hear today!). Love you!

    ReplyDelete