Thursday, March 3, 2011

Proverbs 1


Proverbs 1

In a picture
:

In a word:

Listen

What I highlighted:

Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Proverbs 1:20-23
"Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of the noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech: 'How long will you simple ones love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you.'"

What I journaled:

Wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord. So to seek wisdom, we need to first begin with seeking the fear of the Lord. My first thought regarding how to fear the Lord is reverencing holiness. I fear how holy my God is. Not in the sense that I want to get away from it but that it calls me to holiness. I reverence it, i don't take it lightly. My heart must be holy and purified if I am to stand in the holies of holies before the holiest one.
I think that we often confuse wisdom with knowledge. 1 Kings 10:24 says, "The whole world sought audience with Solomon to hear the wisdom God had put in his heart." The wisdom of God was not in his head but in his heart. In order to live in true wisdom we must operate out of the fear of the Lord and by LISTENING to the voice of the Spirit. It's not a head thing, it's a heart thing.

My Challenge:

To understand more what it means to live a life fearing the Lord.

My prayer:

That the He would shake my heart with the fear of the Lord and make me more desperate for holiness and purity...and that I would grow to be able to hear his beautiful voice more clearly. I never want to be found too busy with life and my own ambition that I miss the call of the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Word! A Proverb a day is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words Haley and great scripture references! i believe the Lord will indeed give you the wisdom and ability to hear His voice clearly...it is usually in ways that are so suprising! But then that's our daddy in Heaven, always wanting to suprise us! I think He takes great joy and smiles when we find the actuall nugget! Keep pressing in...your blog is a blessing!

    Sonja Howell

    ReplyDelete